The French Series : cherry clafoutis

| | 1 commentaires

"Sir, in my heart there was a kind of fighting,
That would not let me sleep: methought I lay
Worse than the mutines in the bilboes."

Act 5, Scene 2, Hamlet, Shakespeare






To pit, or not to pit, that is the question. 
Whether 'tis Nobler in the grace to suffer
The shame and disgrace of insipid Clafoutis
Or to take Teeth against a pudding of pits 
And, by opposing, spit them. To eat, to eat,
No more, [...]


Oh dear, I'm sorry for this Shakespeare. I HAD to.

(Do you know Richard III is one of my favourite books? I named my former computer after the Duke of Clarence. Yes, my computer had a name. My last phone had a name, Nick. I think my current phone should have a name. Any ideas? My camera's got a name, Sven. One of my bags is named Fred. Please don't judge)

French Series II ! (Number I here)
As you might have guessed, the real French clafoutis is made with unpitted cherries. There's a scientific explanation to this, please ask Google. You just need to know that it tastes better this way. The real French clafoutis also happens to be neither vegan nor grain-free so feel free to choose pitted cherries!

Cherry clafoutis
(vegan, grain-free)

20 cl almond milk
vanilla extract, to taste
2 cl coconut oil (20 g, melted)
15 g stevia (I used granulated, about 1 tablespooon)
50 g almond flour
90 g silken tofu
2 cl kirsch
350 g unpitted cherries

Preheat oven to 210°C.
Place all ingredients minus cherries in a blender and blend until very smooth. Oil a gratin dish with coconut oil and arrange cherries. Pour batter on top and bake at 210 °C for 15 minutes. Reduce to 185°C and bake for 25 minutes. If the clafoutis starts to brown too much on top, cover with foil.
(Baking time may depend on how juicy the fruits are, be sure to check with a knife inserted in the center, if it comes out clean, all is well! Clafoutis is pudding-like so don't bake too much either as it's not supposed to be dry)




1 commentaires:

Rechercher

 
Instagram Strava