| | 0 commentaires

.

I was a bit sceptical about using dried lavender in baking goods. I had already tried lavender liquor in the South of France and the taste was a bit strong, to say the least. 
I thought about making lavender chocolate at first but I have never dabbled into making chocolate so I thought a goold ol' cookie would do the trick. The lemon and lavender pair very well: the tart flavour of the lemon balances the potential overpowering flowery taste (and scent) of the lavender.
I made two batches of those: the first ones were a bit under baked and very chewy. While I usually like cookies that way, this time I like the crispy brown-edged ones better. Up to you!



Lemon lavender cookies
(vegan, gluten-free)

110 g non-dairy butter
100 g raw sugar
90 g sweet rice flour
40 g quinoa flour
40 g cornstarch
25 g buckwheat flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt (do not omit)
zest of 2 lemons
juice from 1 lemon 
1 tablespoon dried lavender

Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
In a spice grinder, grind the dried lavender blossoms and raw sugar for a couple of minutes to make lavender sugar.
Cream butter and lavender sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the different flours, baking soda, lemon zest and salt. Mix until well combined and add the lemon juice until it forms a dough. 
Scoop dough onto cookie sheet, flatten a little.
Bake for 14 minutes for chewy cookies or 17 min for crispy cookies.



0 commentaires:

Post a Comment

Rechercher

 
Instagram Strava