I am the seasons // Raw parsnip porridge

| | 1 commentaires



I think sometimes (I am not twenty yet) I am not a woman, but the light that falls on this gate, on this ground. I am the seasons, I think sometimes, January, May, November; the mud, the mist, the dawn. I cannot be tossed about, or float gently, or mix with other people.






It's snowed this week and today quite a lot. What a more fitting day to share the recipe for my raw parsnip porridge, which I have been holding from for quite some time. We still have parsnips here but if you cannot find any, save the recipe for this autumn. It's a unexpected porridge, I'll grant you that but a good surprise!

Let me know if you like it!


Raw parsnip porridge | Porridge cru de panais
(vegan, raw, grain-free)

125 g parsnip | panais
160 ml coconut milk | lait de coco
about 1 teaspoon tahini | une cuillère à café environ de purée de sésame
a splash of lemon juice | un filet de jus de citron
a pinch of sea salt | une pincée de sel
your favourite garnish (either savoury or sweet) | garniture (sucrée ou salée)

In a food processor fitted with an S blade, process the parsnip very finely. Transfer into a bowl and add in the coconut milk, tahini and lemon juice. Mix until well combined. Season with salt and pepper. Let sit for 1/2 hour in the fridge. You can eat it straight once you've finished prepping it but I think it tastes better when you allow it to rest for a while.
Garnish with your favourite toppinds (I used avocado, kale and chili)

1 commentaires:

  1. Wow, Aurélie, j'adore les photos ici et ta poésie, comme toujours! Une très belle recette!

    ReplyDelete

Rechercher

 
Instagram Strava